Holmby Hills, CA, is one of the most affluent and iconic neighborhoods in the city of Los Angeles. Nestled between Beverly Hills and Bel-Air, this luxurious enclave is renowned for its opulent estates, tree-lined avenues, and rich history that dates back to the early 20th century. It's a place where old Hollywood charm meets modern sophistication. Some of the most illustrious figures in entertainment, business, and other elite circles have called Holmby Hills their home, adding to the area's reputation as a bastion of prestige and elegance in the heart of Los Angeles.
Explore Holmby Park
The park features well-marked walking paths, ideal for a leisurely stroll or an invigorating jog. These paths wind through the park's beautiful gardens and offer a glimpse of the neighborhood's stunning architecture. Families with young children will appreciate the well-equipped playground, where kids can run, climb, and play to their heart's content.
Visit the Frederick R. Weisman Art Foundation
The centerpiece of the Frederick R. Weisman Art Foundation is, of course, its remarkable art collection. It showcases an extensive array of contemporary and modern artworks by renowned artists, both established and emerging. The collection spans various mediums, including paintings, sculptures, photography, and more. Visitors can explore pieces by celebrated artists such as Picasso, Warhol, Hockney, and many others. The diversity and quality of the collection make it a captivating destination for art connoisseurs and those looking to be inspired.
Visiting the Frederick R. Weisman Art Foundation offers an exclusive and intimate experience. The limited public access ensures that you can appreciate the art without the crowds often found in more traditional museums, allowing for a more personal and immersive encounter with the collection.
Golf at Los Angeles Country Club
Established in 1897, the club has a storied history and has been a sanctuary for golf enthusiasts and socialites for over a century. LACC boasts two 18-hole championship golf courses, each offering a unique and challenging golfing experience. The North Course and the South Course feature meticulously maintained fairways and greens, providing a skill test for golfers of all levels.
Membership at the Los Angeles Country Club is highly coveted and exclusive. Prospective members often go through a thorough vetting process, and membership slots are limited. Being a member of LACC grants access to the exceptional golf courses and the club's prestigious amenities and social events.
- The Playboy Mansion: Perhaps the most famous residence in Holmby Hills, this Gothic-Tudor-style mansion was home to Playboy founder Hugh Hefner. Over the years, it hosted countless parties and events attended by celebrities and high-profile individuals.
- The Manor (Aronowitsch & Ronnenfelt Mansion): Built in 1988 for television producer Aaron Spelling, this is one of the largest private homes in Los Angeles. The French chateau-style mansion boasts over 56,000 square feet of living space.
- Holmby House: Designed by architect Gordon Kaufmann in the 1920s, this English Revival home embodies old Hollywood glam. Kaufmann is also known for his designs of the Greystone Mansion and the Hoover Dam.
- Fleur de Lys: This 45,000-square-foot mansion, inspired by a French chateau, was once the most expensive home listed in the U.S. It has exquisite detailing, including gold-embossed leather wall coverings and lavish fixtures.
- The Walt Disney Estate: The former home of Walt Disney, this French Normandy-style house sits on a prime lot and is a testament to the classic elegance that characterizes Holmby Hills.
- Kirkeby Estate: Recognized by many as the exterior of the "Beverly Hillbillies" mansion, this 1930s Neo-Classical residence is a hallmark of Holmby Hills.
- The Singleton House: Designed by architect Wallace Neff in the 1950s for Henry Singleton, co-founder of Teledyne Technologies, this home is a fine example of Modernist architecture in the heart of Holmby Hills.
- Casa Encantada: Another masterpiece from architect James E. Dolena, this mansion boasts a rich history, having been owned by the likes of hotel magnate Conrad Hilton.
- Bunnyranch: Another property associated with Playboy, this Mid-Century Modern home was for the Playboy "bunnies" and features a classic 1960s design.
- Wolfskill Ranch House: A historic estate that traces its origins back to the early days of Los Angeles, the Wolfskill Ranch House offers a contrast to the grander mansions in the area.
Work with Aitan Segal
Holmby Hills, CA, offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural richness, and luxurious living. Whether you're an art enthusiast, a food connoisseur, or simply seeking a tranquil escape, this neighborhood has something to offer everyone. And with Aitan Segal as your real estate expert, you can make your dreams of living in Holmby Hills a reality.